Monday, September 13, 2010

Who am I? I don't know, but this is about me.



As of the last four to five years I have lived in Kailua Kona Hawaii. Which is fitting because I have always had a love for the knowledge of sharks and pirates, and what better way to learn then by an ocean. However I had previously lived in Edmonds Washington for fourteen years before that. My family on the other had is based out of Kansas and there is where most are living at the moment.


My media experience this summer, well it wasn't new but it was very exciting for me. For the last two years I have been working in a used book store and we are able to see things before they are put out for customers. I fell in love with the series "A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" By Douglas Adam's. So I came in to work and there it was, a gorgeous leather bound book with the words, "Hitchhikers Guide". There before me was the books following "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy," along with that exact book in order and in great condition. So I bought it, and now I am happy to have it and read it.
For a more modern media experience, I would have to say I absolutely loved "Despicable Me" in 3D I had to see it twice.

What I like is that as our society expands so does the acceptance for new things, meaning a more unique and creative angle is excepted more then ever. The expansion of creativity is phenomenal, such as movies there's Quentin Tarantino or Tim Burton, to writing styles like Douglas Adams or Stephenie Meyer with Twilight, so everything is more so accepted even it were to be hated by peers.
However there is an unnecessary fixation and dragoon to install a certain image in people. It's even it's own sex symbol. It pressures people to look a certain way, whether it has to do with weight, make up, clothes or styles it is some thing that has been at hand for years. However at this point is has gone from a simple suggestion to a necessity that could in the end send you on the path of self destruction. So the forced image and the unwarranted pressure on the people who face it is what I dislike the most.

In the future I hope to have excelled in my writing and be able to make a career out of it. Mostly to write novels, fiction based novels that are read because people like my style of writing and the idea's I have been able to come up with. So I hope these next few years can get me to that point.


No comments:

Post a Comment